The Maine Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Job Bank is sponsored by the Maine members of the national Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Below is a listing of jobs that may be available. This information is as up-to-date as possible, but please be aware that some positions may already be filled.
Certified Diabetes Educator, Registered Dietician (RD) – Pediatric Specialty Care | Maine Medical Partners
Employer: Maine Medical Partners
Location: Portland, ME
Job Title: Certified Diabetes Educator, Registered Dietician (RD) – Pediatric Specialty Care
Type: Part Time, Day
Maine Medical Partners is seeking a Certified Diabetes Educator in Portland. If the selected candidate is a Registered Dietician, but does not currently have their Diabetes Educator certification, the expectation is that it will be obtained within 2 years.
Under general supervision of the Clinical Manager and Medical Director, the position is responsible for performing nutritional assessments as well as assessing diabetes educational needs. S/he plans, implements and evaluates nutritional plans and diabetes education for patients with diabetes and their family members in both individual and group settings.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
• Current Maine State Dietician license.
• Registered Dietician Status by commission of Dietetic Registration.
• Currently certified or in process of achieving certification as a diabetes educator.
• 2 years’ experience as a practicing dietician.
• Current BLS certification.
• Knowledge and solid understanding of nutritional assessment including the ability to evaluate anthropometric, biochemical data and cultural, socioeconomic implications on eating habits.
• Practices nutritional care in accordance with the standards of the American Dietetic Association, American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association.
• Analytical abilities necessary to evaluate and revise educational programs based upon experience and patient performance.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to conduct formal education programs to counsel patients and family members.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Experience working with computers.
About Maine Medical Partners
Founded in 1995, Maine Medical Partners is Maine’s largest multi-specialty medical group, providing a wide range of primary, specialty and sub-specialty care through a network of more than 40 locations in and around Greater Portland. We pride ourselves on improving the health of our community through excellence in clinical care, education and research.
Coastal Maine’s breathtaking bays, ports and ocean beaches provide unique outdoor adventure experiences every season of the year. You can easily enjoy day trips to area towns, explore surrounding parks, hike, ski, swim, bike, sail, golf, or even canoe or kayak Maine’s beautiful rivers and lakes.
Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small town friendliness. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and lively community.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
To apply, please visit: http://www.careersatmainehealth.org/job/7810109
Employer: The Opportunity Alliance
Location: South Portland
Job Title: Health Promotion Coordinator
The Opportunity Alliance is seeking a nutrition educator for the role of SNAP-Ed Health Promotion Coordinator. The Coordinator will join a dynamic, experienced team of public health practitioners, supporting communities in the areas of youth mental health, nutrition and physical activity, oral health, substance use prevention, and overall strategic planning. The primary objective of the position is to provide community-based nutrition education services to residents who are eligible for SNAP benefits. SNAP-Ed is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education (SNAP-Ed): Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Grant Program. This grant teaches eligible low-income community members how to eat healthy on a limited budget and lead physically active lifestyles. In this role, the successful candidate will ensure that low income children, adults, and families will have improved nutrition by planning and delivering nutrition education programming to various SNAP eligible groups, recruiting eligible participants to the program, providing content expertise and technical assistance in the areas of nutrition education, and preparing evaluation materials and reporting reach and demographic data to the funder.
This is a full-time, 40 hour position based in South Portland.
- A Bachelor of Science in Public Health, Exercise Science, Nutrition, Health Education or behavioral sciences preferred. Comparable experience may be substituted.
- 1-3 years of experience teaching nutrition classes required.
- Position involves operation of a motor vehicle to conduct Agency business on a frequent basis. A valid driver’s license and a good driving record are required.
- All candidates must pass an extensive criminal background check, child protective services and sex offender check and must not be on the state or federal suspension and disbarment list.
Pay is competitive and based on experience and education. The Opportunity Alliance has an extensive benefit package including:
- Generous paid time off
- 9 paid holidays per calendar year and up to 3 floating holidays per calendar year
- Excellent medical benefits at very reasonable cost
- Dental and Vision insurance options
- Agency paid basic life insurance and STD & LTD disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement with a generous agency match
The Opportunity Alliance (TOA) is a multi-service, comprehensive, high impact organization providing 46 integrated community based and clinical programs serving more than 20,000 people annually throughout the state of Maine. TOA tackles some of our community’s most pressing problems: poverty, homelessness, mental illness, substance use, and domestic violence. Our programming draws from a wide range of resources, blending evidence-based practices with practical experience and community resources. TOA is a trauma informed organization and we utilize clinical approaches in training staff and designing programs.
The Opportunity Alliance is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.