Employer: The Opportunity Alliance
Location: South Portland
Job Title: Health Promotion Coordinator
The Opportunity Alliance is seeking a nutrition educator for the role of SNAP-Ed Health Promotion Coordinator. The Coordinator will join a dynamic, experienced team of public health practitioners, supporting communities in the areas of youth mental health, nutrition and physical activity, oral health, substance use prevention, and overall strategic planning. The primary objective of the position is to provide community-based nutrition education services to residents who are eligible for SNAP benefits. SNAP-Ed is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education (SNAP-Ed): Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Grant Program. This grant teaches eligible low-income community members how to eat healthy on a limited budget and lead physically active lifestyles. In this role, the successful candidate will ensure that low income children, adults, and families will have improved nutrition by planning and delivering nutrition education programming to various SNAP eligible groups, recruiting eligible participants to the program, providing content expertise and technical assistance in the areas of nutrition education, and preparing evaluation materials and reporting reach and demographic data to the funder.
This is a full-time, 40 hour position based in South Portland.
- A Bachelor of Science in Public Health, Exercise Science, Nutrition, Health Education or behavioral sciences preferred. Comparable experience may be substituted.
- 1-3 years of experience teaching nutrition classes required.
- Position involves operation of a motor vehicle to conduct Agency business on a frequent basis. A valid driver’s license and a good driving record are required.
- All candidates must pass an extensive criminal background check, child protective services and sex offender check and must not be on the state or federal suspension and disbarment list.
Pay is competitive and based on experience and education. The Opportunity Alliance has an extensive benefit package including:
- Generous paid time off
- 9 paid holidays per calendar year and up to 3 floating holidays per calendar year
- Excellent medical benefits at very reasonable cost
- Dental and Vision insurance options
- Agency paid basic life insurance and STD & LTD disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement with a generous agency match
The Opportunity Alliance (TOA) is a multi-service, comprehensive, high impact organization providing 46 integrated community based and clinical programs serving more than 20,000 people annually throughout the state of Maine. TOA tackles some of our community’s most pressing problems: poverty, homelessness, mental illness, substance use, and domestic violence. Our programming draws from a wide range of resources, blending evidence-based practices with practical experience and community resources. TOA is a trauma informed organization and we utilize clinical approaches in training staff and designing programs.
The Opportunity Alliance is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.