Job Title: Dining Hall Operations Manager – Nutritionist
Posted on 4/21/2017
Employer Name: Bowdoin College
Contact Info: Matt Browne, email@example.com
Job Location: Brunswick, ME
- In conjunction with a Production Manager, he/she/they plans, develops, organizes, implements, supervises and evaluates activities of the Dining Hall. He/She/They directs daily dining hall operations.
- Responsible for delivering a dynamic dining program emphasizing culinary quality and excellent customer service that enhances the Bowdoin educational experience.
- This position has primary oversight for hiring and development of personnel; operational processes and documentation; budget management, customer service and unit project management.
- This person assists the Director with department nutrition programming, participates in oversight of the CBORD menu management system, and oversees compliance with nutrition standards within the unit.
- Baccalaureate degree or other advanced degree in nutrition, dietetics or related field plus internship. Must maintain active membership and registration in the American Dietetic Association and with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Thorough knowledge of food service principles and practices, performance management, cost control management; effective communication skills; ability to meet frequent deadlines in an organized fashion; and an ability to interact positively with all constituencies. Must be comfortable working with computer technology and software common to institutional food service.
- 3 years of institutional foodservice experience with 2 years of supervisory experience required. Demonstrated reliability and must be able to work independently within a team atmosphere. Experience working with food management system software preferred.
Bowdoin College is committed to diversity, inclusion and equality, and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage inquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our College. Bowdoin College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment, or in our education programs.
Please apply online at: http://careers.bowdoin.edu/postings/3928