Whether you are looking forward to snow or not, winter is closing in. Luckily, fall brought opportunities for us to mingle with our colleagues, and it was a pleasure to have seen so many of our members, past members and friends at our recent fall conference at Maple Hill Inn, as well as at the recent FNCE meeting in Atlanta.
Our Board has been busy at work since summertime. We have a Board conference call each month, in addition to several face-to-face meetings for special projects and new member training.
- Successful Fall educational conference! If you missed it, try to get to our Spring conference.
- Organizing a Legislative Day Breakfast (Thursday, Jan. 22, 7am-9am at the Senator Inn in Augusta). More info to come soon, but mark it on your calendars now!
- Planning a Spring conference (Friday, May 1 at SMCC in South Portland). The conference will offer free (yes, free!) CPEs to members. Two Academy grants were obtained for funding and speakers. Stay tuned for details on this exciting day.
- Created a Maine Gift Basket and donated it on behalf of MAND to the AND Foundation Silent Auction at FNCE.
- Developing a Sponsorship policy: The team working on this hopes to present a policy to the Board for comment by January.
- Advocacy: Meeting with legislators, advocating for food security, providing testimony and continuing MAND mapping.
We are a team, and value each member of our Board, as well as each member of our affiliate. We all bring talents, experiences and insights to our work here in Maine. All of our work is tied to our organization’s mission and vision, which you can read here.
What are you up to? Please stay in touch and let us know what you’ve been doing professionally and personally—I love to hear what our members are doing!
Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy and fun-filled holiday season. And don’t forget to get those shovels, skates, skis, snow shoes, mittens and boots ready for action!
With warm wishes,
Pat Watson, MS,RD,LD,CDE
2014-2015 MAND President